J,
Your words flash on this screen: a consolation, but no substitute. The heart you drew is pinned like a butterfly to my ceiling (but unlike a pinned butterfly--it seems more alive somehow, and I feel that it would be warm if I touched it). Your eyes swim in mine when I blink. I'll take all these things until...
I know that no matter how little sleep I get tonight, when I see you tomorrow my eyes will be wide open and smiling. Everything seems new, and exciting, and scary and great. I feel much lighter than all these leaden hieroglyphs would lead one to believe.
No apologies for any of this. I feel strongly and unashamed, but know I don't have to tell you that, don't have to explain any of this away. You make me so happy. You make me write saccharine notes on blogs for the cynical world to read. You make embarrassment an impossibility. Even now I am smiling. Je t'adore.
S
No comments:
Post a Comment