This is the first song I've written in months. I'm hoping to release it as a single once I have a full band together.
____________________________________________
MEDICINE
No more bad dreams, no more pain
Not while the lights are out again
Not while this medicine you gave
Is in my blood, and your echoes come to sweetly ricochet
You’re not getting me
Your tight lips throw our rhythm out of phase
Every minute passed in quiet
Is another time my teeth try to relate
Every wished prescription
For any remedy
I planted in the frost for you
For the hope of a little bit of peace
No more bad dreams, no more pain
Not while the lights are out again
Not while this medicine you gave
Is in my blood, and your echoes come to sweetly ricochet
Your splendid anything
O silent nights of winter into spring
Scratch me up, shake me up,
come, come on, for godsake shut me up
Cut my hair and please just let it sting
Buzzing like a bed of bees
Kissing like we disagree
Whatever I can’t rub away I will push back in
To see you smiling, to see you smiling out of key
Oh, you’re not getting me
I don’t think you’re getting me
No more bad dreams, no more pain
Not while the lights are out again
Not while this medicine you gave
Is in my blood, and your echoes come to sweetly ricochet
This medicine you gave
This medicine you gave
___________________________________
©2011, written by Sam Cooper (ASCAP)
No comments:
Post a Comment