Life is good at the moment. Sure, there are things I would change (having no money would be one of them, but I'm working on it! {or at least will be very soon...I swear}), but for the most part, I'm happy.
I'm writing songs again. Good songs.
Sam Cooper & the Sleepwalkers is close to a functioning band. I know it's still early, but I think I can safely say that I love my new bandmates. They are enthusiastic, creative, driven guys who want this to work out (it seems) as much as I do. I hung out with Mike yesterday, listening to music, talking about gear, and learning songs, and had a great time. I'm about to do the same with John today. And then we're auditioning a keyboardist/multi-instrumentalist who I'm very excited about. I haven't felt this way about making and playing music since I first started Grasshopper with Craig H. way back in 2005/2006, and the musical world ahead of me felt open and wondrous and full of possibility.
So yeah, life is good.
And best of all:
Jenna's moving in.
No comments:
Post a Comment