Tuesday, May 11, 2010

5 Haiku

I started writing haiku last year as a joke. I still find them sort of inherently funny. But also, I'm starting to love them as serious art: their economy and rhythm and shape. Them Japanese was on to something, yessir.

- - - - -
1
Talking on Facebook:
No substitute for touching...
It will have to do.

-
2
My cat is asleep.
Against my arm she twitches,
Killing dream rodents.

-
3
Pinned heart on ceiling,
You flutter in a cool breeze,
Pulse with memories.

-
4
Procrastination;
Writing haiku on this blog,
I will fail at life.

-
5
Will we ever cease
To detail our love and joy?
I really hope not.

1 comment:

  1. I don't even care that I am probably going to literally fail my first last final in ~20 minutes. I am crazy for you, my darling, and I am happy. That will be what matters, years from now. I will think back not on the fact that I just missed out on a 4.0 and the times I couldn't study or write; I will look back on the weekends I spent in your arms, and the times I needed no words at all.

    ReplyDelete