Monday, May 24, 2010

I am like a huge fleshy curtain that whispers sweet nothings in your ear...


A pretty visibly exhausted me embracing the young woman I love on the day of her college graduation!


A creepy title for a decidedly uncreepy post. (It's a joke, in case you were wondering.)

The last few days were really great, albeit sans computer (my power cable stopped working)...

On Friday, after staying up all night (pretty much), I went to Jenna's graduation, where I proceeded to beat the odds and sleep debt by actually making it (just) in time, beaming with pride and vicarious joy for the duration, and happily getting to know her family. Lunch with them was good, and so was coming home with the Persun of Honor. We somehow managed to push through our mutual exhaustion and be good company to each other.

Then Jenna was at my house for a few days, and we basically just decompressed after a long hard semester. Sleeping in, watching movies, reading (ohmygodhowImissedreadingforfun), listening to music, going to the grocery store, hanging out, playing guitar, lots of... other stuff. It was a lot of fun and a lot needed. Lingering stress was obliterated in a number of creative ways.

The end of the semester was pretty rough: what damage I had done for various reasons since January came back to bite me. Lots of all- or near-all-nighters, lots of stress, lots of worry. Was very lucky to have J there with/for me a lot of the time; she made things bearable. My grades didn't turn out as horribly as they could/should have, but I'm still not all that proud of them. Oh well. Here's to a better semester in the fall.

So now it's summer and I feel pretty good about it. Here's the list-down:

I do not look forward to:
  • The heat
  • The bugs
  • The sun
  • The heat

I look forward to:
  • Spending as much time with Jenna as possible
  • Making and performing music whenever possible
  • Getting my life back together
  • Reading a Book-A-Week
  • Seeing friends and having more social time
  • Getting healthier
  • Traveling
  • Writing more (at all)
  • Turning 22
  • Making some money

Seems like Summer Pros outweigh Summer Cons for once.


-

But Jenna's gone, and has only been gone for a few hours now and will be back in a few days and I already crazily miss her and can't wait to see and kiss and talk with and touch and joke with and fall asleep next to and etc etc etc etc... her.

No comments:

Post a Comment